Apr 16, 2009

Eyes

He held her close, the essence of her blending into him. He wanted to hold her so tight that they would become one forever. He breathed the smell of her and all the moments they spent together flashed before his eyes. The first time they met, as she walked across to the group, talking non stop to her friend about her day and then realizing her mistake she bit her tongue and clamped her hand on her head apologizing to everyone around profusely for seeming rude, he remembered thinking how senseless and self involved girls could be. And yet, when she'd walked past him he was overwhelmed by the freshness in her and seemed drawn to her beyond any logic. Time had been kind to them letting them discover friendship and love together.

The memories of every meeting passed through his being bringing a tear to his eye and he smiled looking into her face. Her beautiful face, with her beatific smile, her luscious hair that so softly shaped around her face and her eyes, her brown, sharp, , that never missed a thing, kind, loving, see into your soul and always smiling eyes. The eyes into which he always looked for inspiration to live, eyes that told him she loved him unconditionally and with all her being. Eyes that were today dead to the world ...

Yes, time had been kind to them, but why had it been so cruel now ?? The crowd surrounding them on the road collectively took a step back as a howl of fury escaped his lips and tears came rushing down his face ...

17 comments:

Ash D said...

Wow. That leaves a lot for the imagination! nice expression! but is there a continuation??

NeoDharmar said...

Nice story. The narration, I feel, lacks nothing. You made me feel like being in the scene (which is very essential). If 'Closed Door' was quite anti-feminist, this story was more 'realistic'. Keep blogging!

Adisha said...

Hi Ash D,

Thanks for visiting :) Well, no it's not - it's scene that I wanted to depict in it's totality about love and loss.

Hope you enjoyed it ...

Adisha said...

Thank you Gopal for the Wonderful comments .. :) And it's nice to know you are keeping track hehehe


cheers

cutestangel said...

good description I liked the ending making the reader want to know what happens next just like ekta kapoor serials they end just at the crucial moment!!!lolz

Adisha said...

hey angel - Lolzzz.. thanks for noticing ;)

CRD said...

hey lovely narrative.

but why did u leave us begging for more...at either end, that too??

Don't be SOOO cruel to ur readers..hehehe :P


Cheers
CRD

Comfortably Numb said...

I totally and sincerely thank you for writing something like this. Such is the genre that I feel that I am not the only one. Beautiful imagination. Commendable.

Cheers!!

Comfortably Numb said...

And yes. I like the style of leaving something for the readers to think about. Guess thats the whole purpose of blogging. Leaving an impact :)

Cheers again.

PS: I seem to get the worst lot of word verification. Cruel 10 letter words :( Please do away with it.

Thoughts Over Chai said...

hey really nice. and im glad you dropped into read my blog so that i got a chance to read ur stories.
I have read "We Met" too and its nice.
You are doing a great job!

El Furibundo said...

Whattey twist!! I like, I like. :)

Sucha said...

Wow maan..that was real good! I was THERE :) Great writing

Anonymous said...

i'm afraid the narrative seem inadequate as if it got caught up at some point and didn't conclude... to me the end jus didn't go with the flow of the rest of the tale... but i liked the thought.

~Sanz
http://sanz360.wordpress.com

Blogger said...

hey...first time here!

loved d story....very well written :)

let me read more....

Shruti Narayanan said...

left me carving for more... i totally went into imagining.. could c the scene enacted in front of my 'eyes' lovely!

Adisha said...

Thank you so much you all !! Most of you have got the aim of the post - a scene in front of your eyes ... nothing more , nothing less

cutestangel said...

Hey Adisha ,would love to see a sequel to this .!!

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/lost-love/

Copyright

All stories in content is fictional and are a product of my imagination. Unless stated otherwise, all site content is copyright © 2007 -2010 A.W.Singh. All Rights Reserved.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape