The car slowed down at the red light and stopped. Sitting in the passenger side, gives me the liberty to gander at what's around me. I love looking at different buildings, like the on the right. Seemed like one of those lavish ones where you find rich people. Red brick with huge embroidered windows. Kinda old, English styled. Probably had a doorman and all the trimmings. As I took in the architecture and the few lights that were on here and there, my eyes were drawn to the highest window in the center. There I could make out an old lady playing a piano, with someone swaying or maybe dancing to the right. How cute !
In less than a second, I embellish to myself, imagining her grand daughter prancing, singing along . The rest of the family would be sitting or standing around the hall, cheering them on. Sigh! Such a cheerful thought that is to me. I smile to myself at the happy image I've conjured up.
Naughtily I try looking at the other windows if I can make out what's happening in any of them. Maybe I'll see someone being naughty too.I notice that only two three other windows are lit and you can't even make out anything anyway. I look below at the entrance closely and see yellow tape around it. Huh ?! I look back on top and see the old lady still playing on, the lights flickering like other people are moving about.
" Seems like the building is sort of empty. Probably recession making people leave. There's even yellow tape around the main door, like how it is at crime scenes in movies. But I can see that old lady playing her piano in the pent house. Man ! They must be rich. " I comment to my husband.
" Why in the world are you looking at all ?? ", he sounds extremely agitated.
I look at his expression. He's irritated. Well, too bad. I'm just observing my surroundings. No harm, no foul! I'm not being nosy. I'm just naturally curious. Surprising how many people keep their curtains open, even though the light inside allows you to see their whole interior decoration !I look back at the building. As the car starts moving, and we are passing the building my attention is drawn to a board attached to the side. I squint to make out the faded writing.
It says , " Abandoned for Renovations."
** True Story . Thoughts ??
May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
she was probably all alone and neglected, and nobody must've bothered to inform her about the renovation. Goes to show how concerned we are about senior citizens
Another haunted house! :D ,
somehow when you mentioned the yellow tape, I knew it was going in that direction! :D
Oh My My... Does that mean that old lady was a ghost or soemthing.. :O
How can be probably be playign piano in a building which is abandoned for renovation... Ahem..Ahem... This is certainly scary..!!! but Interesting indeed... :)
I know what the truth is....
The old lady you saw had been murdered by her maid because she couldn't stand to hear that ugly tune the old lady forced her to listen to. The old lady was stabbed to death and then her ghost scared the maid to death. There! You know all about it now.
mayb u were imagining... sometimes when we r in a dreamy mood then such imaginations r natural. i wish ur hubby had noticed it, it would have been possible to get it confirmed with him. but anyways... it was a little scary... oooo... dont play around next time.. u never know ;)
Did it really happen or was your imagination working overtime???
http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/
Wonderful what varied comments I'm getting to this piece :)
But guys !! It was Real ... Didn't imagine any of it .. I think ;)
thanx that you clarified that it was real... and saved me from running my imaginations !!!
In two words HELL SCARY!! First i thought its just normal, like what happens everyday.I too somehow happen to peep through ppl windows in the morning. But im damn sure what i look into are surely not "abandoned". Like always, very nice, adisha.
woo! scary! hehe... well sumbody might just have sneaked in... right...
anyws.. intriguing writing
True story? Really?? You sure you're not yanking all our legs?
If you aren't, I dunno what to say... I don't believe in ghosts, you see...
Post a Comment